- Try to use always sudo, it is more secure
- First thing to do, comment the lines concerning the Unbuntu CD-ROM, and then run sudo apt-get update
- Upgrade the packages to the lastest versions with sudo apt-get upgrade
- Download all your packages into /usr/local/src. It is a more professionnal approach and if you need something or if you want to recompile some packages.
- Don't forget to change the MySQL password : mysqladmin -uroot -p password 'somepassword'
- Webmin installation : if you install the .deb package with dpkg -i, you will encountered some errors.
You cand fix the problem, you need to activate the "universe" mode of the Ubuntu distribution (/etc/apt/sources.list).
Then run sudo apt-get update, and try to sudo apt-get -f install.
- Run sudo apt-get install build-essential. In may cases, you need always some tools to compile the sources.
- Install PhpMyAdmin to manage your SQL server, this tool is fantastic (sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin)
- To uncompress tar.gz file, sudo tar xvfz package.tar.gz in /usr/local/src
FAQ I True Mart data leak
9 months ago